keeping the world in motion
- © MEV
The Fraunhofer Transport Alliance was formed in March 2003, and currently represents the combined traffic-engineering expertise of sixteen Fraunhofer Institutes.
The Fraunhofer Transport Alliance develops adequate technical and conceptual solutions for the public and industry partners and puts these solutions into practice by means of transport-related research.
It creates a new choice in R&D in transport through the bundling of the existing potential and a broad system competency.
The Alliance’s mission and its R&D clusters
- Convenience- and design-concepts
- Safety and security systems
- Intelligent light weight construction systems
- Logistics structures and processes
- Sustainable propulsion concepts
- Mobility and transport strategies
- Transport management systems
- Innovative transportation systems
Due to their participation in international research programs member institutes have worldwide contacts with companies and research organizations involved in the fields of transportation engineering and management.
The Alliance’s office will help you find the right partners.